Monday, June 23, 2014

The Brow Products Stash




Hey guys! So today I wanted to go over all the eyebrow products that I own! I don't have a ridiculous amount of products, but it is a significant amount where you can get a mini review (or update if I have reviewed them) on what I think about all the eyebrow products I own and whether or not I would recommend them! Have to say though, once you start drawing on your eyebrows...you cannot go back. It makes SUCH a huge difference in your face, gives it a more polished and framed effect!

Let's first start off with affordables of the bunch I have in my collection. The Elf Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium (Review - $3) is great for beginners! As you can see, I have already hit pan on the brow gel side (which is the side I predominantly use)! The brow powder is definitely subpar compared to the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo (which I will talk about later in this post), but gets the job done so long as you set it with a brow gel. Now looking back, it is a bit more warm then I would like for a brow powder...which means that it will work will for the majority of brunettes (because my blue-black hair has no warmth in it to match the brow powder). However, the brow gel is fantastic and matches with my eyebrows. This can easily be blended out with a spoolie to create a natural brow or a dramatic brow.

Next up is the Jordana FabuBrow Eyebrow Pencil in Taupe. Priced at $2.99, I was looking for another drugstore eyebrow pencil that could be good to stash into my makeup bag. Unfortunately, this product is a dud for me, it does not have great stay power at all...probably lasts four hours without eyebrow gel to seal (and only six hours with the eyebrow gel). I find that the product doesn't cling to my brows really well, and I can easily accidentally blend too much product away.

However, I do have a drugstore brow pencil that I can recommend, the Maybelline MasterShape by Eyestudio in Dark Brown (about $6-$9). My friend Jenny gave this to me when she was cleaning out her collection and ever since then, I have been loving this product! This eyebrow product is great for those of you who have sparse eyebrows, it is really easy for it to draw on the skin because the product isn't too waxy. This eyebrow pencil lasts the majority of the day for me, which is a huge plus!

The Anastasia Beverly Hills brow products have a cult following and for a good reason. I have tried out four of their products and there is no dud in what I have tried! My current favorite eyebrow product from the line is the DipBrow Pomade in Dark Brown (Review - $18). Even though this takes me a really long time to apply, I love the end result-- a long lasting brow product that will not budge! The Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown (Review - $23) is another fantastic product from the line! This is probably best suited for those of you who already have nice brows and just have some sparse areas to fill in. This product is very easy to use and looks very natural on the brows! The Clear Brow Gel (Review - $22) has been a staple in my collection, I have gone through two tubes of these! I use this brow gel on almost a daily basis to set my eyebrows and make sure that they stay put all day! While I have not gotten the chance to repurchase the Brow Wiz in Brunette/Dark Brown (Review - $21), I do think that this is a fantastic brow pencil. Biggest downside to it is that it runs out extremely quickly for me, within two months I have to purchase a new one and I unfortunately do not have to money to keep replenishing this.

Final verdict: Love Anastasia brow products, they are well worth the investment! But for a drugstore alternative, give the Elf Studio Brow Kit or Maybelline MasterShape by Eyestudio a go! My personal favorite from Anastasia is her DipBrow Pomade and my favorite from the drugstore is Elf Studio Brow Kit.

What brow products do you use? Let me know in the comment section below?

On a side note, I am officially addicted to football. This world cup is sucking me in like nobodies business...makes it really difficult for me to write blog posts! I have watched almost all the games now.... I might be a convert xD


23 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've got a Smashbox eyebrow kit that works quite nicely, but my brows have been really finicky lately and don't really look right when I do them, so I've just been leaving them alone. I also really like the NYX eyebrow pencils, but mine is too dark! I just can't win when it comes to brows lately! Haha.

    Speaking of Anastasia, I bought the tinted brow gel for my mom and she loves it! She uses it every day.

    Em ♥ www.mascarawarrior.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, need to try the Smashbox and NYX eyebrow products! Hopefully you can find an eyebrow products that works for you! Oooh, need to try out the tinted brow gel from Anastasia! I think I've tried most of her eyebrow products, there is only one or two left that I haven't tried!

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously Anastasia can do no wrong in my book
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously! The quality is great from everything I have tried...I've been so impressed with their products!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought three Anastasia Beverly Hills brow products the other day, I can't wait to try them xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to try the Anastasia products but I use the MUFE Aqua gel everyday. I tried the elf gel and it works alright but it isn't the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you enjoy those products! Looking forward to seeing your review of those products!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard great things about the MUFE Aqua Gel! Need to try that out! Awww, shame that it didn't work well for you... I do still really like that product! It doesn't compare to the Anastasia DipBrow Pomade though, that is the shiz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post because one of my summer goals is to step up my brow game ;-;
    YOU HAVE SOLD ME ON THE DIP BROW THING. I will get it as soon as I can, but man, I'm expecting a horrible learning curve for that stuff ;-;

    ReplyDelete
  10. ive been using the same brow product for 2 years now. its sort of crazy. and i mean the SAME ONE. no repurchases. brow products and concealer are one of those things i feel liek i only need ever one of. and i only one of each but i'll keep these in mind when my brow pencil FINALLY finishs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tehe, can't wait to see you step up your brow game! Get this as soon as you can! The learning curve will be rough, but it will be well worth it I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW. That is crazy! I can't imagine having only one of the either my concealers or brow products! I like having options on my makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you've got a really big stash of brow products there! I have two, one matte brown shadow and one brow gel gifted to me! I would like a duo colored brow powder and a brow pencil though! My brow powder has been the same one for 3 years but I've only been really using it the last year so the dents just started! Thanks for sharing your products!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I finally tried the anastasia pomade after reading your other review and I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the Anastasia brow powder! I definitely want to try the pomade. Great post!

    http://youarebeaut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been so lazy with my brows in the past but I'm starting to get more into doing them now! I really like using the sigma brow kit

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep, this is a decent stash for one girl. Definitely look into some of the products I showed here, I highly recommend Anastasia :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. YES. Its such a fantastic product! Glad you are loving the pomade :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. If you get a chance, definitely try the pomade out! The brow powder by Anastasia is fab, but nothing lasts as long as the pomade!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've heard good things about the sigma brow kit! Definitely need to check that out if I ever finish with a couple of these brow products!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been using Gimme Brow from Benefit and the NYX eyebrow duo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been wanting the Gimme Brow for awhile now! I've heard such great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wonder the same thing! I can fake my way through the brow powder...but that's not something I want to do! The pomade is GREAT, I've fallen completely in love with it! I was lucky that I had a different array of prices here, sometimes I only have certain products to recommend and I'm just like... what about my other viewers who don't have the money to spend on another product?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...