Friday, May 23, 2014

Makeup MAYhem Day 23 - Spring & Summer Lip Picks!


From Left to Right: NYC Expert Last Lip Color in Forever Fuschia, OCC Matte Lip Tar in Pretty Boy,  Revlon JBKBS in Sweetheart Valentine, Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Apocalyptic, and YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in 13


Hey guys! Today I will be doing a post showing you the lip products I will most certainly be wearing the most in spring and summer! I was requested to do this post by Megan Joy and I finally got around to doing it! In this post, I have featured three drugstore, and two high end picks! It would've been even...however my Mac Impassioned is missing...and I have absolutely no idea where it is! I've gone through all of my purses and makeup bags, and its not there! Currently very upset right now... but in the mean time, lets get back to the main topic of the post: bright lip colors!

From Left to Right: NYC Expert Last Lip Color in Forever Fuschia, OCC Matte Lip Tar in Pretty Boy,  Revlon JBKBS in Sweetheart Valentine, Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Apocalyptic, and YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in 13

NYC Expert Last Lip Color in Forever Fuschia: Retailing at $1.99, this is the cheapest in the bunch of products I have here today. It is also the most underrated. To be honest, if Influenster didn't send me this product, I wouldn't have picked this up in the drugstore. Once I applied this on my lips though, I realized that I was missing out! By far, this is the most blue toned out of all the lip products I have here today. It is a true fuschia and it is perfect for that bright pop of color that no one is expecting (especially since it's borderline purple). 

OCC Matte Lip Tar in Pretty Boy: This came in a set Pink Prism with a primer and another lip tar, retailing for $19 at Sephora. I posted a first impressions video on my Youtube channel, and I have to say this is by far one of the longest lasting lip product I have in my collection. Although the application of this can be tedious, I still feel like this is a fantastic product to use! This is another fuschia, but it is more on the pink side rather than the purple. 

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart Valentine: Retailing at $8.99, these Revlon jumbo lip pencils are still a favorite throughout the beauty community. Don't be fooled by the swatch, this lip product can be built to be really bright on the lips. I've had this for over two years now, and I still use this product constantly! This is more of a bright hot pink lip!

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Apocalyptic: Priced at $4.79, these liquid lipsticks are absolutely stunning! This is a bright pink fuschia liquid lipstick.  I have a detailed review of this here, and I have to say that even though its been about a year since I got it, I still love this product! The pigmentation is great, and I love the finish that this lip product gives. 

YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in #13 Peach Passion: Retailing at $35, this bears two distinctions in my collection. One, it is the only coral lip product I own and two, it is the most expensive lip product I own. I usually like to top this one off with a gloss, because it has a tendency to making me look a tad bit washed out. Otherwise, it is a fantastic lip product!





What lip products will you be wearing this spring and summer? Let me know in the comment section below! Be sure to check out my giveaway here (open internationally)!


36 comments:

  1. Beauty & Lifestyle HunterMay 23, 2014 at 1:22 AM

    Great post, and great photos too! I am sadly not that good at rocking a pink lippie...prefer a red one, but they look stunning!

    And just found your blog, it's great, so I am now following you on Bloglovin!

    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I loveeeee pink lippie. Especially like the look of OCC Matte Lip Tar!

    Vicky xxx

    Lots of Love, Me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. soo booolldd. love them colors and rock it like you mean it girl :)

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, such a great range of HOT pinks! I'm totally loving the OCC, rimmel and the YSL! I just got myself a brighter pink from ysl recently, can't wait to wear it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the YSL lipstick, it's so pretty! :) x

    http://my-petite-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The OCC one looks like something I'd love! Well, they all do. Love pinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for following me on bloglovin! Red lips are nice as well! I don't find myself rocking red lips in summer, its usually fall/winter when the red lips come out! I just love my pink lips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink lips are great aren't they? The OCC lip tar is absolutely STUNNING, thats for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will definitely be rocking those colors out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hot pinks are my fave, as you can tell! Hope you enjoy YSL bright pink lippie :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its so gorgeous, and the packaging is fabulous as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely check it out if you get a chance! Pinks are awesome, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in love with the NYC Expert! All of these colors are beautiful. I am on a serious lip addiction right now. Bold and bright is exactly what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  14. NYC Experts are great aren't they! And yes! Bright lips are perfect for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really do love the NYC Expert Last Lipsticks! I can't believe how cheap they are, they're just SO good! xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  16. great colors, love the YSL one! ;)

    floralconstellation.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know right! Such a bargain for their quality!

    ReplyDelete
  18. all of these shades are gorgeous! I love the revlon balm stains- I'm actually wearing sweetheart valentine right now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love Sweetheart Valentine! It's such a fantastic color!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you like the post! Peach Passion is a great color, you should definitely try it out if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love OCC lip tars! My favorite from them is a similar color - anime. I agree with them being super tedious to apply but I can get through an entire day with it and I can't say that for any other lipsticks I own.
    I've been obsessed with orange shades lately and have been really liking the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Heftiest Hibiscus.

    x
    bespectacled

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all so pretty, my favourite is the Rimmel one, it looks amazing!
    www.rebeccacoco.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Rimmel one is amazing! Definitely try if you haven't yet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! Lipstick envy! These lipstick shades are gorgeous. I really want to try the NYC Expert one and YSL one. I'll be wearing some light pink shades this summer :) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Definitely try those two lipsticks if you get a chance! Light pink shades are pretty awesome as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Do you apply the Lip Tar with a lipstick brush or just with your finger tip? It's a gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I apply the lip tar with a lipstick brush! I find it to be a bit easier to apply. And yes, it is a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mafalda CerejeiraMay 27, 2014 at 5:23 AM

    Love the YSL lipstick color :)

    http://bymafaldacosta.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a beautiful lip color isn't it? It's absolutely STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Visiting from the blog hop :-)
    I love the look of the NYC lip color - I don't think I'd ever go this bright (though I love it when others do!) but it looks like a good formula to try in other shades at a cheap price!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for visiting from the blog hop! Definitely try out other shades from the line...the formula is FANTASTIC.

    ReplyDelete
  32. pauline how long does the YSL lipstick last on you ? :) i want to get it cause of its pretty packaging but its so expensif and i heard some shades doesnt last very long

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's not a particularly long lasting lipstick to be honest. Like maybe 4 hours without eating? You'll have to reapply throughout the day!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous shades! x

    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  35. Aren't they beautiful! Perfect for the season!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...