Monday, May 19, 2014

Makeup MAYhem 19 - New Product(ish) Makeup Rotation Week #2

Hello everyone! So today, I will be doing a second edition of Makeup Rotation. This week's products will mainly be featuring relatively new products from recent hauls on my blog and youtube channel. A lot of these I've used a couple of times, others I haven't used at all! I'm very excited to try these products out (and will hopefully be giving you a thorough review of some of these in the future)! Keep on reading to see what products are being used!


Face: 
To start off, I will be priming my face using Benefit Porefessional Primer. A cult favorite product for many, and out of the four primers that I have tried this is one of my favorites so far. It definitely fills in pores, and I will be able to test out this week how good the oil controlling properties of this is. For foundation, I will be using Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation in Natural Buff that one of my best friends Jenny gave me when she was cleaning out her makeup collection. She adores this foundation, but had to part with it because she made the commitment to switch to only cruelty-free makeup products (something I greatly admire)! For any concealing, I will be using CoverGirl and Olay Concealer Balm in Light. I recently picked this up in Walgreens sometime last week, because it was 50% off (and because I was pretty sure that this is getting discontinued). I've heard many great things about this product from many bloggers, and I can't wait to try this out. To set my makeup, I will be using Becca Fine Pressed Powder in Wheat which my mom got for an extreme discount...$10! Naturally, I will test this out to see how effective it is.

For cheek products, I will be using Benefit Hoola Bronzer, Sleek Blush by Three in Pumpkin, and Benefit Watts Up Highlighter. Hoola is fast becoming one of my holy grail bronzers because well I can contour with it with my skintone! The Sleek Blush by 3 I received in Vanessa's package of our makeup exchange (linky) and to be quite honest... I haven't used it all due to how bright the colors are (which is ironic because I chose the blush because of the brightness of the colors). I'm going to testing how pigmented these blushes are and hopefully not walking out of my house looking like a clown. Watts Up is a beautiful highlighter that I received in Sephora's Birthday perk last year. Definitely recommend if you are looking for a cream highlighter!



Eyes: 
For my eye brows, I will be using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Dark Brown. I did a first impression here and I know I will need to play around with it a whole lot more to get used to it. For eyeshadows, I will be using Bare Minerals Ready Eyeshadow 4.0 in The Happy Place that I won at the Promise Phan meet up. For eyeliner, I will be using Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Perversion. I've tried two eyeliners from the line...and so far I do not like their eyeliners at all (I feel like I may be one of the few bloggers in that boat...maybe this one will change my mind). Lastly, Bare Minerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara in Intense Black which I also won at the Promise Phan meet up will be tested out.


Lips:
For my lips, I will be using Bite Nude Luminous Cream Lipstick in Lychee and Musk and OCC Lip Tar Test - Primer, LoveCraft, and Pretty Boy. For those days where I am not wearing much makeup, you can expect me to wear one of the OCC lip tars to kick up my look up a notch. Otherwise, I will be wearing the Bite Lipsticks.

Have you guys used any of these products? What products did you get recently? Be sure to check out my giveaway here (open internationally)!

35 comments:

  1. Oh your friend Jenny….what a brave move. It's somewhat idealistic for me but I do love animals and would gladly jump on the bandwagon if there were more cruelty-free brands that did decent products. Heard many, many good things about Porefessional. Will you be keeping us informed as to how all these products fare? I would be interested in the brows since everyone seems to opt for Anastasia's brow wiz. Rosemary x


    rosemaryofelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love this primer! It's so soft and silky and delivers. <3

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be informing you on how the products fair! It won't be quick cause it'll be a thorough review, but when it'll happen...it'll be one after the other! Anastasia Brow Wiz is great! That's for sure! Can't wait to see how this fares with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats the exact reason why I picked them up! I knew I would never finish and I was like..uhh... I'm definitely picking these up. If they turn out well (which I don't see why they wouldn't). I'll pick up another one of the trios.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, that's great to hear from another blogger! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to try the OCC lip tar. It's a good thing that you have the sample size :D

    xx,

    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your eye brow kit!! I need one of these :)
    XOXO

    Milu

    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your graphics are adorable! I have Lash Domination, I go back and forth with whether or not I enjoy it. It's definitely better once it's dried a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get it! It's fantastic and it is well deserved of the rave it gets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I understand what you mean by that! The formula hasn't amazed me...hoping that once it's dried a bit that it will work more magic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the POREfessional, but I do find it pills under my foundation some times. It's great for reducing the look of fine lines and pores though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hoola is amazing! So far, the mascara is okay..but we'll see how it wears when the formula dries down a bit! And the Pomade is fabulous! Will definitely get a review of these products up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't noticed the POREfesional do that yet, but will be sure to be on the lookout for that! Glad to hear you like the porefessional! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the sleek palette looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOO I totally want to try a foundation stick like the maybelline one and I'd love to relief you of that Bare minerals quad that that Bite lipstick...eheheheh. I've been trying to curb my purchases but a few online ones have gotten through!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ...I loved that concealer balm all of last summer and was on the last of it until I realised....it's too pink for me ._.'' It's still an amazing concealer....but it doesnt match my skintone which sucks BECAUSE I BOUGHT A BACKUP TUBE -_-
    Yeah that Sleek palette is HELLA bright. GOOD LUCK USING IT ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooo we are skintone sisters. hoola was also my HG contouring bronzer :) mine is almost used up so i replaced it with nars laguna this time just to try it out since a lot of ppl are saying its as good as hoola. btw what colors are the Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner you tried and didn't like? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. it is absolutely beautiful! Just a bit terrifying to get a hang of!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Purchases are so difficult for me to curb...especially if I am returning things and I can't resist picking other things up! I'll let you know of what I think of the Maybelline foundation! Tehe, the bit lipsticks are pretty good :B Don't blame you for wanting to steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's too pink for you?! DANG IT...that means it might be pink for me as well D: And thanks...I'm going to need all the luck I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yep, pretty sure we are skintone sisters! Hoola is a fantastic bronzer! Love it! I didn't have much luck with Laguna... might give it another go once I let go of Hoola xD I tried Zero and Whiskey...neither of them impressed me :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like the Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation stick for on the go touch ups. It's perfect for throwing in my makeup bag because I don't have to worry about it leaking or breaking and causing a mess in my purse.
    Great post!
    Meghan
    www.todaysbeautyobsession.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Perversion is my favourite eyeliner! Lovely to discover your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh, haven't thought about it as a product for touch ups! Seems like it would be a great product for on the go! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've heard great things about Perversion, hopefully I will enjoy it! Hope you are having fun reading my blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the porefessional!

    http://emhasrednails.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can't get enough of The Porefessional! Your header is gorgeous by the way x


    www.josies-journal.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh such an amazing selection of products, I don't even know where to start! I so want to try the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade as I've heard so many amazing things about it! xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thats great to hear! I'm loving so far! Can't wait to play with it more!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've heard nothing but good things about the porefessional :D Awww, thanks! Glad you like dear!

    ReplyDelete
  31. If you get a chance, definitely do try the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade....the more I wear it the more I cannot get enough of this product....and I'm convinced its the best thing made for brows

    ReplyDelete
  32. great review!some products i never try b4

    I'm new visitor to your site.
    would you like to follow each other to keep in touch?
    MY-Emily
    Please, let me know! ;)
    Follow me and I will follow you back for certain
    (leave a blog link at my blog after follow so I can go back ur blog again)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love all the products that you used, I used 3CE Stylenanda products recently and it works wonder (: x


    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for visiting my site! I don't do follow for follow, but I will happily check out your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ooh, never heard of that brand at all D:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...