Sunday, May 19, 2013

Review of Estee Lauder DayWear BB Cream

Estee Lauder- DayWear BB Anti-Oxidant Beauty Benefit Cream



Coverage: Light to Medium
Price: $39
Size: 1 fl oz/30 mL
Shade Range:  2 colors, Light and Medium

BB Creams are being marketed as an all-in-one facial cosmetic product. They are supposed replace your moisturizer, primer, foundation, concealer, and sunblock. While it would be incredibly convenient if there was a product exists, unfortunately this BB cream does not live up to the claim.

This product is too drying to be used as solely as a moisturizer (even  the ladies at the Estee Lauder makeup counter think so). I highly recommend you use a moisturizer underneath this product, because i have seen dry patches on my skin if I use this product without a moisturizer.The BB Cream does not last by itself without any makeup setting powder, spray, or primer, probably due to the hot, humid weather that we have in Florida (for those who aren't familiar with Florida weather, it is pretty much summer for 9-10 months in Florida). The wear is, however, better in Florida winter. During the summer, the product breaks down within the first hour without any setting powder or primer. With those two aforementioned products however, the wear is increased to four hours. During the winter however, the product starts breaking down after three hours without any setting powder or primer. With a primer and/or a setting powder, the product has lasted me through an eight hour workday! The BB cream was able to cover some redness and hyper pigmentation that I have.


The BB cream comes out of the tube in a thick consistency and applies smoothly. I prefer to use either my hands with this product or a sponge. The packaging of the BB cream is very travel friendly: there is no risk of breakage and the size is compact. The one major downside about this product is the lack of shade ranges, only 2 shades! Light is my best match, the medium was to dark for my skin tone.


I've had this BB cream for a significant time (a year +). Unfortunately, I have to say I do not like this BB cream and would not recommend it for people living in warm, humid climates. Due to my experience with this product in the winter, this product has the potential to suit those who live in cooler climates year round.


Swatch of Estee Lauder DayWear BB Cream without Flash


Swatch of Estee Lauder DayWear BB Cream with Flash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...