Thursday, May 30, 2013

Review of Elf Studio Makeup Remover Pen



Elf Studio Makeup Remover Pen

Claims: Quickly remove or correct small makeup smudges, smears and mistakes without having to take off the rest of your makeup! The gentle and non-greasy formula erases even long wearing and waterproof makeup for flawless touch ups, perfect for throwing in your purse or gym bag when you're on-the-go! Infused with Vitamin E, Cucumber and Chamomile to moisturize and condition skin.Price: $3.00
Size: .07 oz/2.2 g
Where Can I Buy: Elf, Target

I bought this at Target on Memorial Day Weekend and I'm loving it! This is very convenient to throw in my makeup bag and carry around when need be!

The cap for this makeup remover pen is very secure-- I've had previous Elf products (such as their liquid eyeliner) that did not have a secure cap and it pissed me out! The spongelike tip of the makeup remover pen is neither gentle nor rough-- I did not have any irritation when I was correcting my massive eyeliner fail the other day. I have tried removing Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal in Deep Blue using this Makeup Remover Pen and it worked better than I expected. While I did have to use a Q-tip to clean it up, the Makeup Remover Pen worked its magic and made it so that it only took a couple swipes of the q-tips across my eyelids and I was able to clean off the mess. I did expect to use a Q-tip or some absorbent though, how else will the rest of the makeup be removed completely off your face? The formula is non-greasy, which is something I did like a lot-- my favorite makeup remover (Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover) is extremely greasy.

However, one thing I did not expect was how easily the Pen stained from the makeup that was removed. I don't think the I don't think the makeup remover pen is moisturizing or conditioning necessarily, but it did not dry my skin out which is a plus! Overall, I highly recommend this makeup remover pen for quick and easy touch ups! Just make sure to carry around q-tips (or tissues) along for easy clean ups!


6 comments:

  1. Thats such a weird concept! I may have to try this!
    Jennifer

    http://naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is weird! I haven't seen other brands have this type of product. I do feel like its worth trying! Thanks for commenting Jennifer!

      Delete
  2. Oh, this seems like a nice product from Elf. Don't you hate when you just apply mascara and then sneeze!

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omgosh that happens to me all the time. This is such a nice product from Elf :) Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  3. Hi, thanks for the review :) So do you find that the color transfers back onto your skin when you go another day to erase something else? How do you keep the brush tip clean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So long as I clean the brush tip the color does not transfer back to my skin :) I usually keep it clean by cleaning it with a makeup remover wipe from Almay or Neutrogena!

      Delete

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...